BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How to get attributes status as shown in picture?

Participant

From Attributes Manager we can select and save as text of attributes use in project as show below picture, I am looking for way to get the status 'Inuse' via any API functions or any workaround.

Is anyone has an idea?

Screenshot 2023-09-05 115003.pngScreenshot 2023-09-05 114906.png
3 REPLIES 3

If you archive the file as .pla will have pretty much only what was used in the file.  And you can also "purge" all unused stuff using the attributes manager.   Select All >  Append > Save as TXT

That gives you a list of everything in the project file that is manageable with the Attributes Manager.  ?  Does that help ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Sorry if my question is not clear. I am looking for API function or workaround method to retrieve the status 'Inuse' of attribute as shown in the sample picture from elements.

I never found an API function that returns exactly that information.
The only approach I came up is to actually iterate through all the elements (and other attributes) and check if the attribute is used.
This is very cumbersome and you'd have to know all the places where a potential attribute could be used.

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
Learn and get certified!