Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Mac Notarization : Anyone had success with notarytool ? (Now that Altool is depreciated)

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast

Hi all

I have been trying to Notarize my addon with notarytool without success.. I have checked my developer credentials, created a new app specific password etc etc and nothing seems to work..

Using "xcrun notarytool info" i get "Successfully received submission info"

But then  "status: Invalid"

Has anyone had success with notarytool? since altool was abandoned by Apple on the 1st of November.

I should add that I notarized my addons late October using Altool without any issues 

Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Thanks for the help guys..

Okay, of course it was not the notary tool command it was my code signing. 

I had a duplicate key in the key chain that needed deleting.. then I created a new certificate and boom it worked..

Appreciate the help.. 

Bernd, great tip on the log

kolioi, this is how I have been doing it too, straight in the terminal.. seems the easiest way..

👍

Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ben,

I'm using notarytool for a while now. But I also remember it being quite some work to switch.

You can get more information about your submission with (include your credentials the same way as for the other notarytool commands):

xcrun notarytool log <submission-id>

Maybe this helps debugging the issue.

Best,
Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
kolioi
Booster

I have been using notary tool for a couple of months, changed from altool to notary tool. First I sign my file w/ codesign, then I run notarytool like this:

xcrun notarytool submit <your file> --wait --apple-id <your id> --team-id <team id> --password <your password>

Or you can use a keychain profile. And finally I run

xcrun stapler staple <your file>

You can check out this link Customizing the notarization workflow

Solution

Thanks for the help guys..

Okay, of course it was not the notary tool command it was my code signing. 

I had a duplicate key in the key chain that needed deleting.. then I created a new certificate and boom it worked..

Appreciate the help.. 

Bernd, great tip on the log

kolioi, this is how I have been doing it too, straight in the terminal.. seems the easiest way..

👍

Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!