Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

VS17 : Attached to Archicad.exe and debugging is not working - SOLVED

Mihalcea Bogdan
Hello! *Edit* I am using Archicad 24.
I have a problem debugging an add-on. The add-on works in Archicad very well after I followed every step to setup the environment required to develop Addons.
I attached Visual Studio 2017 to the Archciad.exe as it was mentioned in the documentation but the
DBPrintf("some string");
still not gives any output in the Output window.
Before you will redirect me to any other post I've already read this post
I have my solution configured to "Native code", I enabled the "Attach to process" in the debug options.
Basically I made every step the documentation mentioned.
These are my #includes in the code

#include "APIEnvir.h"
#include "ACAPinc.h"

#include "ResourceIds.hpp"
#include "DGModule.hpp"
#include "APIdefs_Goodies.h"
#include "GSRoot.hpp"
#include <iostream>
Please help me amazing developers from Graphisoft
Thank you!
Mihalcea Bogdan
So i think I found the answer!
2>ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'API_c.pdb' was not found with 'ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj)' or at 'D:\TEMP\ARCHICAD ADDON TEMPLATE\archicad-addon-cmake-master_backup\Build\Debug\API_c.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
2>AddOn.vcxproj -> D:\TEMP\ARCHICAD ADDON TEMPLATE\archicad-addon-cmake-master_backup\Build\Debug\ExampleAddOn.apx
2>Done building project "AddOn.vcxproj".
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
Mihalcea Bogdan
This was not the answer. This is an error which can be ignored as some said on this forum. I updated archicad and it started to work just like that. I still got some errors from vs2017 about not found .pdb files related to Archicad’s main dll files.
Mihalcea Bogdan
Viktor Kovacs mentioned in another post that in the Debugging menu -> Command should be set to Archicad.exe file location. Everything works now.