BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

cmake -DAC_ADDON_LANGUAGE option

synchro4351
Participant

Hello. This may be rudimentary, but let me ask you a question.
I am using visual studio 2019 and am in the process of creating an addon for archiCAD25.

When I set the AC_ADDON_LANGUAGE option to "JPN" when creating a project with the cmake command, the .grc was not generated in the project and the build failed.

If anyone knows how to create a project in a language other than English please let me know.

I apologize for the machine translation.

-------

conan install . -pr:b=default --install-folder=Build/

cd Build
cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A "x64" -DAC_API_DEVKIT_DIR="E:\work\DevKit\API Development Kit 25.3002\Support" -DAC_ADDON_LANGUAGE="JPN" -DAC_ADDON_NAME="************" -DAC_MDID_DEV="********" -DAC_MDID_LOC="**********" ..
cd ..

-------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi,

I think the main issue will be that there's no "RJPN" folder. Try renaming the "RINT" folder to "RJPN" and see if the error persists.

Best,

Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Hi,

I think the main issue will be that there's no "RJPN" folder. Try renaming the "RINT" folder to "RJPN" and see if the error persists.

Best,

Bernd

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com

thank you.
I was able to build successfully.

However, when I try to set the menu items in RJPN/AddOn.grc, I cannot set the Japanese menu.

On ArchiCAD, it will be displayed as "???????????????".
As long as it is an English menu, it is displayed normally, so I think it is an encoding problem.

Sorry for the follow-up question, but do you know a solution for this?

Yes the file is likely encoded in a non-compatible format. I assume an UTF-8 encoded file would work.

Windows
You can use 'Notepad' to change the encoding to UTF-8 in the "Save As.." Dialog.

macOS
You might need to use the 'file' or 'info' command first to check which encoding you are using right now. Then you can use 'iconv' similar to this:

iconv -f ascii -t utf-8 "AddOn.grc" -o "AddOnUTF8.grc"

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!