BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 Fails to generate views when Publishing to BIMx

I've recently switched to Archicad 26 (from 25) was waiting for the kinks to sort out. However, when saving my first BIMx model, I get the following errors (see attached image below)

Using a MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD

Using Archicad 26 (MacTel install so as to save Twinmotion files)

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 6.24.45 PM.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
12 REPLIES 12

Hello thanks for your info, how did you find the offending object? thanks

ArchiCAD 26
BOXX Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7920HQ / CPU @ 3.10GHz / 3.10 GHz / RAM 32.0 GB / 64-bit

The old-fashioned, manual way.

To be safe, do this to a copy of the file.

First I deleted all the objects on a story. Then try to publish, note the results, undo the deletion, then perform that action on the other stories. Once I identified the story with the offending object, I would then delete the objects from a quadrant of the plan. Try to publish and note the results. Undo, then perform that action on the other quadrants. Once identified, I'd narrow down the deletion methods until the object presented itself with successful output after deletion.

Took me over an hour.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Rex hello, thank you for your feedback.👍🏼

I had been working on a similarly manual process by deleting layers at a time... couldnt find the offending item. 

Noticing that my not so big (190mb) file was really lagging I converted a couple of Groin Vault morphs (I had inported and converted from Sketchup, which i assumed were heavy objects) into library parts and, voila, BMIX generates. Oddly when I deleted the contents of the layer they were on it didnt work? 🤔

ArchiCAD 26
BOXX Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7920HQ / CPU @ 3.10GHz / 3.10 GHz / RAM 32.0 GB / 64-bit
Learn and get certified!