BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Explorer in AC15??

rob2218
Enthusiast
OK, so we tested out the BIMx Explorer...nice job GS by the way...but when I saved the file out within the BIMx software and created an EXE file...and tried to run it on my laptop...it gave me a message that said "BIMx file will only run on PC it was created"????.....What gives?

What's the point if we cannot show our clients the model on the Ipad nor the laptops???

Please explain.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
You have to purchase a license to run the EXE (or Mac app) on a computer other than the one it was created on. Without a license on your keyplug, the behavior you see is the normal demo mode behavior.

During the introductory period for BIMx for iPad/iPhone (IOS), Graphisoft is going to allow everyone to create models for the IOS app according to their press release. This will likely involve an update to the BIM Explorer that we all currently have to include this feature and the time bomb.

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/graphisoftbimx.html

As you can read there, this feature will be freely available to everyone for six weeks, September 20 through October 31. It does not say anything about making the exe or app versions of a BIM Explorer model available during that time, only the ability to export for the iPad/iPhone app.

If you need to send clients exe/app versions now, contact your reseller for license pricing details. In the past, it was priced lower for people under subscription.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Thanks Karl,
you da man in da know!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would be nice if they came out with an Android version of BIMx as well
rob2218
Enthusiast
Would be nice if they came out with a BIMx version that would be viewable in any type of Ipad-ish device....whether it be Android, Ipad, or Coconut........the future is NOW folks.

Pretty soon you will see architects, developers, and G.C.'s with Ipad's in hand...viewing the virtual model. Heck I wanna that right NOW on one of my projects for a custom renovation addition. I could easily explain the design to the client in a "virtual mode" rather than having them see 2d plans and sections...or even 3d 'static' images......this virtual modeler stuff is real slick.

Though...I'm holding out for the 3D holographic (ala Ironman II) display system.......GS...any in the works?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think "Minority Report" will come out first...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVBzx0LMNQ

Then "Iron Man".....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKyQhriOrD0

Then one day, we can plug ourselves into the matrix and visualize and make edits to our designs in a virtual world....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1sw3ZzCW3o

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Is it only me, or is there anyone else who finds the pricing of BIMx Explorer rather too high?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
rob2218
Enthusiast
It IS extremely too high.
$1250....???? wow...that's incredibly high. If you are on the subscription plan then you can get it for $650 or something like that but yes.....$1250 for this program is WAY WAY too high.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
OK, I thought I was the only one who found the price too high...
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!