BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Export: What Determines Included Properties?

Josh Verran
Expert

Hey all,

I've been exporting BIMx Hyper-models and noticed that certain properties make it into the export while others don't. For example, one specific property exports perfectly fine, but I can't see what sets it apart from others that aren't included.

Anyone have any insights or experience with this? What am I missing?

I thought maybe there was something in the IFC translators, but couldn't see a matching name.

2.png3.png

In addition, there is a schedule "IES-BX Default for BIMx output", I attempted to add some new properties here, but these also didn't come through.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Josh,

I have used a custom IES on my BIMx files for years and haven't had any issues. 

The mapping looks like the properties are tied to your CBI classification rather than an IFC classification system. Seeing that your property is set to custom, you may have missed its classification assignment. I would duplicate the property and set it to all classifications as a test, so you don't break what you have already and test it. You don't need to export to BIMx to check, you just need to open up the IES to see the information and see where the gaps are. 

If there are no gaps in the schedule in Archicad, and the gaps appear in BIMx then I would assume it could be a bug.

Regards Nathan

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX
Josh Verran
Expert

Thanks @Nathan Hildebrandt 

I must confess, I didn't realize you could assign your own schedule.
We used BIMx around its inception, but with Twinmotion etc, the guys have been utilizing that more.

Getting familiar again as I would like to explore different uses on-site as well as AM/FM.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

My use has dropped off a little bit over the years as I have used Enscape for all of the client presentation work I do. I have found BIMx to be a good tool for clients to use to review their project after our meetings. They spend time walking through the design in their own time. I have found that Builder's love having it on site, and I have built an integrated specification into BIMx now with links to a cloud based specification. Main reason being less data in the model, the better. But elements connected to an online data base is the best approach for moving forward.

Good luck pulling it apart.

Regards Nathan

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX