BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx now requires login?

Am I to understand that BIMx now requires a login to open and view models? So when we send our clients a link to the BIMx app, and then a link to our model, they have to create a Graphisoft account?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/BIMx-Licensing/ta-p/304184?anchor=bimx_license_types&gstype...

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
24 REPLIES 24

Given how development resources are spent on improving the visualisation and not not just information capabilities of BIMx it is quite strange not to make it easily shareable/accessible . The comparison in this case should be made to the standalone functionality of enscape - not  project management services.

Imagine if Adobe had pulled the same stunt with the PDF format... just because Autodesk do something, it doesn't mean Graphisoft has to do the same. Innovation & leadership isn’t achieved through cloning your competitor, it comes from listening to your customers and exceeding their needs.

The decision is short sighted and will be counter productive to something that until the recent change was giving Graphisoft & AC users a distinct publicity and market advantage.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Excellent comparison between PDF viewer and BIMx viewer. 

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Ron
Booster

this is rediculas in past i could give clients multiple updates or options no problems now my clients don't want to log in and i don't blame them. next they will be charging for each viewing... Archicad has only made there software harder to use and less user friendly but after 32 years of using their software i'm stuck I'm not about to switch now and learn another program but it sure is tempting.   

Note my client did try to log in but couldn't,  I will quite sharing this feature with clients, to bad, I had several that loved it and would show the progress to their relatives.