BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Today a new update was released for BIMx.
The biggest enhancement is support for Google Cardboard VR on smartphones (not on tablets at this point).
You can simply update your BIMx on your smartphone to get the latest functionality.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
42 REPLIES 42
My very large file now works once i copied and pasted it into a new template file. no lag tons of polygons, archicad is life!!!
Gyuri Nyitrai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hans wrote:
Default model works fine, this is exactly what we have been waiting for!
Whenever I upload a BIMx hypermodel of my own and enter the VR mode the dual viewports just freeze up. It works for one second, and then freezes.
Sucks because it seems to be model-related (demo model works). Any help here?
Hi Hans,

Thank you for notifying about this issue, we were finally able to reproduce this strange freeze effect on certain Android devices and immediately jumped into the investigation to find its root cause and to debug.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on it!

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...can anyone list a "step-by-step" on how exactly to get a BIMx model format into that Google Cardboard app?

I've looked at the video on the app but nowhere does it show "HOW" to bring the BIMx model into that Google Cardboard app?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
rob2218
Enthusiast
nevermind...I'm a moron.
thanks GS. Cant' wait to get my BIMx Google Cardboard viewer to test out my bimx model.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can the BIMx Google Cardboard viewer be ordered / purchased? I am interested in the one shown in the video which has the BIMx logo on it.

Thanks - Greg
rob2218
Enthusiast
I ordered one somewhere off the Google Cardboard video but it would be nice to have that one that shows the "BIMx" all over the front of it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
I went and bought like 15 headsets with Bluetooth controllers and then slapped my logo on the front
Wokka
Contributor
Gyuri wrote:
Hans wrote:

Whenever I upload a BIMx hypermodel of my own and enter the VR mode the dual viewports just freeze up. It works for one second, and then freezes.

Hi Hans,

Thank you for notifying about this issue, we were finally able to reproduce this strange freeze effect on certain Android devices and immediately jumped into the investigation to find its root cause and to debug.

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team

Same but different. Samsung Note 5 Opens fine as normal Bimx, freezes on opening cardboard VR for R18 models. R20 are the same as above, freeze with dual view on opening. Disappointing.. Likewise demo model works well.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Wokka wrote:
Gyuri wrote:
Hans wrote:

Hi Hans,

Regards,
Gyuri & the BIMx Team

Same but different. Samsung Note 5 Opens fine as normal Bimx, freezes on opening cardboard VR for R18 models. R20 are the same as above, freeze with dual view on opening. Disappointing.. Likewise demo model works well.

until they fix the bug, what has worked for me is this: I make a new file just for the 3d model for cardboard. i copy and past the 3d model into the new file and then create the bimx. thus far every model has worked flawlessly once this is done. i have only tested using v20
Dennis Lee
Booster
The google cardboard works fine for me on my phone, but after I got the new Daydream VR from google and connected my phone to it, it doesn't work anymore. Is there a way for the BimX to work in the Daydream VR headset with its remote?
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!