BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Download hypermodel TO iphone

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any wany to download hyper model from a private folder directly to the Iphone BIMx app without going through I tunes?

Am trying to download as a newbie Client would....without many steps, sign in, logins, etc etc. and am in need of a simple way to do it. Because I will have to provide step by step instructions to the contractor and client.

Have looked at ArchiWiki....seems like the only recommended way is via Itunes on the desktop to the I phone....which seems convoluted.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
I usually get it to them thru Dropbox. Send them a link to the BIMx file by email they click on it, this opens dropbox, they click download and when DB says it cannot open the file then click send to and choose BIMx app.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Tom Krowka
Booster
Sounds reasonable. I thought there might be a way to download from the server directly from the BIMx app and bypass the intermediate steps.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
If you upload your Hyper-model to the Graphisoft cloud server then you will get an e-mail with a link to that file.
So long as you client can get that e-mail on their iPhone then if they click that link then the file will download directly to their phone and open in the BIMx viewer (for which of course they must install the app).
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
Aha.....thanks. I knew there had to be a way to do it easily. Am going to try it out....

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Like many of the suggestions here, use a cloud service. I use Box which has apps for iOS, windows and android.

If I want to open it myself I just open it via the Box app, if I want clients to open it I email them a direct link from the Box app which means they access your cloud server (but are restricted only to the file you grant access for)

They just need to open the email on their email client on the iPad and click the link and it adds it to the BIMx directory and can be viewed offline
Learn and get certified!