Sometimes it may occur that your BIMx application is not able to connect to a BIMcloud or a BIMcloud as a Service tenant. In this case, if you ask your support team for help, your BIMx log files will make it easier to solve the problem.
This article shows you how to collect BIMx logs in case you need support.
How to turn on logging in BIMx
- Open BIMx application on your device
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your screen
- Tap 3 times on BIMx version
- Enable "Support log"
Try again to log in to BIMcloud or send a message to the affected user in BIMx: this will create the necessary log files
These logs contain only information regarding connection issues between BIMx and BIMcloud / BIMcloud as a Service.
How to collect logs from an Android device
- Connect your device to your computer, preferably with a cable
- Go to the Android/data/com.graphisoft.bimx/files/documents/communicationdebug folder
On Windows, open Windows File Server to access storage:
On macOS, download Android File Transfer to access storage of your device:
- Collect the whole content of the folder and compress it to a zip file
How to collect logs from an iOS device
After you enable the Support log in BIMx (see "How to turn on logging in BIMx", above), every connection-related activity between BIMx and BIMcloud will be stored on your iOS device.
If you re using macOS 15 Catalina or above the log files will be available in the Finder based on the Apple's description: Use the Finder to share files between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer, preferably with a cable
- Open the Finder and select your device
- Navigate to Files and select the BIMx App
- Save the "communicationdebug" folder by drag and drop:
If you cannot see your iOS device in the Sidebar, showing the CDs, DVDs and iOS Devices might be needed in Finder Preferences:
On macOS 14 Mojave and older:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer, preferably with a cable
- Open the iTunes on your computer, the latest update if possible
- Click on the device's icon
- Navigate to File Sharing and select the BIMx App
- Save the "communicationdebug" folder
When you successfully collected all BIMx logs from your device, please contact your local support for further help. For the investigation ARCHICAD FastLogger files and BIMcloud log files might be also necessary.