BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Since the save as option for BIMx was removed

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I export my model without publishing it to the web, if I just want to save a BIMx desktop viewer file.

There should be away to save BIMx files anytime then upload them using an upload function under BIMx website.

The save as is the only way I can see to do this.
Can anyone explain why this feature was taken out of the save as menu?

Can we add an option under publish to save to drive, that doesn't look for graphisoft ID or any internet services?

Additionally there is no option to render GI once saved in BIMx the only way is to publish it and choose the option when publishing it.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

You can publish BIMx models locally by setting Publisher Properties to 'Save Files' with the Create a single file option checked. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Kind regards,

Marcus
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I am aware of that option but you still don't get the same results as before.
Marcus_Scott wrote:
Hi there,

You can publish BIMx models locally by setting Publisher Properties to 'Save Files' with the Create a single file option checked. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Kind regards,

Marcus
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes this could become a problem
previously with the save as .bimx file option it would take far less time

Also, when you open the file with the bimx viewer there is now no way to resave it with adjusted setting changes within bimx

We would previously turn the shadows on and adjust the view cone or head height to suit each model so that when the client opened the final file the job was as we intended to view it.

the client should not be expected to go in and change these settings, this is just ridiculous, why does graphisoft intend on changing things that worked perfectly fine beforehand.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We would previously turn the shadows on and adjust the view cone or head height to suit each model so that when the client opened the final file the job was as we intended to view it.

the client should not be expected to go in and change these settings, this is just ridiculous, why does graphisoft intend on changing things that worked perfectly fine beforehand.
Exactly what I was thinking! Now I have to go back one version to save a normal BIMX file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont suppose archicad has created a fix for this yet??

We would like to be able to adjust view cone or head height of a bimx model and the illumination do for example 'architectural white' only
and then distribute to the client, the client should not expect to change or even know how to change these settings.

Is there a fix for this yet Graphisoft?
Hans Roest
Booster
methy wrote:
I dont suppose archicad has created a fix for this yet??

We would like to be able to adjust view cone or head height of a bimx model and the illumination do for example 'architectural white' only
and then distribute to the client, the client should not expect to change or even know how to change these settings.

Is there a fix for this yet Graphisoft?
I have been watching these topics like a hawk as this is also one of our big issues with AC20. Seems AC doesn't make a priority of this...

BIMx is basicly a worthless add-on at the moment, only suitable for in-office presentations, not for sharing files with clients.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
apparently if we want graphisoft to implement changes in their software we need to create a 'wish' for it and if it gets enough votes it may get implemented:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/index.php?c=6
Barry Kelly
In the BIMx app there is a "Feedback e-mail" link.
Give that a go.
Hopefully it will be considered and not ignored.
Who knows - you may even get a reply.
Let us know if you do.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Before I head off to the WISHES category... Just want to ECHO the sentiments about SAVING changes to the BimX settings after creating..

If GS won't allow that... then PLEASE allow us to set those settings in AC prior to PUBLISHING...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop