Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Using BIMx for Identifying Modeling Issues Very Helpful !

Marc H
Advisor

I often use BIMx to review the day's progress on my design model and documentation sets.  Until now, I've just made mental notes of various things needing work or placed my iPad nearby to address them.  It's proven very helpful.

However, with the newer BIMx version, I thought I would explore using the Issue feature to see how effectively it would be to my workflow.  With that, I selected elements in the model and started creating issues, and as I gained some practice of it, created an issue and then added by selection the current BIMx 3D model view as reference. (The selections are presented in a thumbnail within the issue dialog box.)  I then selected and exported the issues to my workstation (a .bcf file is created in the process which I can AirDrop). As found in AC Help, I then imported the .bcf file into AC.  

I was expecting some manual work to navigate to the elements in question but then found when I open the 3D window for editing, all elements in the issue list are highlighted.  When I then open the Issue Manager and select the 3D BIMx view thumbnail within the issue detail, it effortlessly set the exact same view in AC ready for edit.

I'm impressed that the .bcf file is that 'smart' coming through from BIMx to AC.  Thank you to the GS team for this very helpful tool!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma | BIMx on iPad

Sample Issue Detail.png

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
1 REPLY 1

Yes, I’ve noticed many updates for BIMx in the last 2 weeks, really excellent job has been done by Graphisoft team & especially BIMx one 👏.

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Setup info provided by author