BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

bimx download speed

Dave Brach
Advocate

I just got done downloading a 261 MB model from the model transfer site onto my iPad and it took 22 minutes.  So I tried downloading it onto my computer and it "failed" after about 10 minutes.   So I thought I'd try another model that is the same size (260 MB).  Same thing.  I tried on another iPad, same thing.  I have a google fiber internet connection at my office, about 250 Megabits/second.  The same model also took about 10 minutes to upload in archicad.

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Brach
Advocate

I finally got this to download onto my desktop, 261 MB took 16 minutes.  I tested my internet connection speed and it is 275 Mbps download 175 Mbps upload, so this seems to point to the model transfer site.

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Dave,

We're aware that sometimes downloading models from BIMx Model Transfer can be slow. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this in-house and, therefore, haven't found an explanation for this behavior so far.

We have started investigating this issue with our developers once again and we'll keep you updated on the progress.

Kind regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer

At the time this happened I tried on multiple computers in our office with the same results, but when I went across the street to another wifi connection it worked fine, so the problem was with my local connection, although we have fiber and a speedtest indicated ~270mbs download speed.  Also it does not happen all the time, just occasionally.

Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!