Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

3D Window Explore Spazzes Out

Gerry Leonor
Advisor
our current Work From Home Setup for the office is using a work VPN & logging onto our office workstations via Window Remote Desktop Connection.

the one thing I found, on day one, is that when i go to the 3D window, start Exploring, & the moment I look
around with the mouse, the view spazzes out.
"Spazzes out" is a scientific term. i was about to describe something that involves John Lennon & whatever he had while writing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds & Walter White, sitting next to him, with a fresh pack...but i'll spare people with my futile attempt at humour.

link below is a video that shows the experience.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnwiRVSv3c_la43vh-nm5yUYpcZEw?e=DhdP9z

the last 7 or 8 seconds is me trying to move the mouse 1mm per 2 seconds to try & calm the camera down 42,000 notches...

i hope the link works. i think you may have to download it -- no preview, unfortunately.
AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Video played fine in my browser.

WRDP does not support OpenGL... which AC kind of needs... I did have occasional success launching AC via TeamViewer before swapping back to WRDP. Not sure if it is related, but I had the same thing happen in both AC and Lumion. Had to change the method I was remote accessing...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Video played fine in my browser.

WRDP does not support OpenGL... which AC kind of needs... I did have occasional success launching AC via TeamViewer before swapping back to WRDP. Not sure if it is related, but I had the same thing happen in both AC and Lumion. Had to change the method I was remote accessing...

Ling.

Gerry Leonor
Advisor
figures...
i was hoping it wasn't something to do with an email from our IT people regarding OpenGL issues & Remote Desktopping...
thank you.
AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Lingwisyer
Guru
Apparently, it is also only an issue for non-Quadro cards...

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've had similar issues with Nvidia Quadro QPU and RDP.

We are trying to run AC local and share our network license with VPN, but it's still a work in progress on the IT side of things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Jp1138
Expert
I´ve seen a similar behaviour with Chrome Remote Desktop and Teamviewer using Archicad and also Twinmotion. I think it´s related to the way mouse input gets to the origin computer. In Archicad the problem only arrises with the Explore view, but at least I can orbit perfectly on a normal 3dview. In twinmotion it´s also very dificult to move using the subjective view. Right now I don´t think it has anything to do with Opengl, at least with Chrome or Teamviewer.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
TeamViewer worked fine for me. My issue with TeamViewer was how it handles continuous key presses... ie. no magic wand...

Jp1138
Expert
Yes, I think that was the one real problem we had with Teamviewer. Works ok in Chrome remote desktop, though.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the sounds of it there isn't a solution to this "spazzing out" where employing VPN to office PC?
Lingwisyer
Guru
tlodge wrote:
By the sounds of it there isn't a solution to this "spazzing out" where employing VPN to office PC?

It is less the VPN, more the program used to read information over that VPN. The main issue here is that Windows Remote Desktop Protocol does not support OpenGL.

Ling.