BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3D scanning to archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
Hope this is the right place to ask and that someone here is familiar with 3D scanners and Archicad.
I have a laserscanner (Leica RTC 360) wich i use to draw existing buildings with. Now with the program Cyclone 3DR i can makes meshes with texture(like the building attached), and i want to place those objects into archicad. Is there a way to import these 3D structures into archicad? i want to have texturized meshes of buildings and terrain wich surrounds my drawing in 3D.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
You can import point clouds in Archicad (format's either .xyz, or .e57)

Cylone exports into many different formats, most which Archicad can import.

Just try it out and let us know! 🙂
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Emre Senoglu
Expert
I think John is trying to import the mesh into Archicad and not the point cloud. Which makes sense, because point clouds are not that useful when it comes to producing drawings.

John, you can import meshes into Archicad, for example in 3ds format. I've previously done this with a landscape mesh, including the texture. Importing the mesh was easy, however getting the texture to align to the object was a huge pain. It also heavily slowed down the viewport. You might be able to use hotlinks to attach the file and maybe this will make the process easier.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Learn and get certified!