Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Annotations missing from schedules

Yvonne
Advocate
Why do annotations (in plan/elevation views) disappear from schedules?

I have had this happen in a few different files.. sometimes the additional dimensions disappear and sometimes the notes.

How can I prevent this from happening again?
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
Are you changing renovation filters?
Maybe this will help explain.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62958&p=330591&hilit=annotation#p330591

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Yvonne
Advocate
Barry wrote:
Are you changing renovation filters?
Maybe this will help explain.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62958&p=330591&hilit=annotation#p330591

Barry.

Thanks Barry. That kind of explains it.. but I don't believe I have changed the renovation filters of window/doors in the schedules.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is what I wrote:

This deletion can happen, for example, when you change the Renovation Filter, which influences/changes which elements will/will not be generated in a Schedule.

So, I think, changing the Renovation Filter is just one example that can cause this behavior. I believe there can be other cases. The developers did not tell me all those scenarios.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Yvonne
Advocate
LaszloNagy wrote:
This is what I wrote:

This deletion can happen, for example, when you change the Renovation Filter, which influences/changes which elements will/will not be generated in a Schedule.

So, I think, changing the Renovation Filter is just one example that can cause this behavior. I believe there can be other cases. The developers did not tell me all those scenarios.
Oh.. right.. ok thanks.
Do you know if there's a way to freeze the cells that have been annotated?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Right now I do not know of any way, but the developers told me that they are looking at the problem to come up with some kind of solution, which can then be included in a future update. No time estimate was given, though.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yvonne wrote:
Why do annotations (in plan/elevation views) disappear from schedules?

I have had this happen in a few different files.. sometimes the additional dimensions disappear and sometimes the notes.

How can I prevent this from happening again?

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry for the experience!

As Laszlo has pointed out, the annotations sometimes get deleted on purpose. When a door/window is "hidden" from the schedule (for example, due to Renovation filter changes), there is a cleanup action to get rid of those unused annotations. However, we do see that in some cases, it brings a negative effect of data loss, thus, with Archicad 24 Update 4 and Archicad 25 Update 2, a special key is implemented, allowing you to modify this behavior:

- On Windows: open Registry Editor (Start > type Regedit), then navigate to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD\ARCHICAD 24.0.0 INT R1\Schedule
Set the key CleanupUnusedAnnotations to 0 to disable the cleanup action.

- On macOS: use a free Plist Editor (for example this one)
Look for the file com.graphisoft.AC 24.0.0 INT v1.plist, double click this file to open it. Search for the key Schedule, then set CleanupUnusedAnnotations to 0 to disable the cleanup action.

The side effect of disabling this key is there might be some small file size increase (and potential small slowness) due to unused data being left in the file's database. If it happens, setting the key to 1 and reopening/resaving the file will help to reduce the file size.

Of course, this is not a sustainable solution, so we are still working on how to achieve a balance between keeping data and as well as optimizing performance. We had some ideas already, but any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

Does this work for teamwork files? 

The registry or plist changes would need to be made on every machine used in teamwork.

It is an operating system change and not one saved in the Archicad file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Minh,

Has this been solved? We're on 23 and annotations in schedules behave badly from time to time. The challenge is not to balance data/performance btw. Data needs to be correct, the it should be optimized performance wise.

M

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.