Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair top "tread" visible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just getting going with ArchiStair and have run into this: I have two single run stairs of 8 risers each and have set it to not generate a top tread even with the landing. This is fine in 3D, but in 2D, the symbol is showing what appears to be a top tread but is actually deeper than the treads. This is shown yellow in the attachment.

I thought that it might be showing the stringer below, but that only projects about 7" beyond the top riser, not the 1'-2" that this is. What is this showing and how do I get rid of it??

Also, I have not yet put in the slabs for the floor levels if that makes a difference. Thanks!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've worked on this a bit more and it's getting both better and worse. It appears that Archistair counts the top landing as a tread (which I never have) but doesn't count the top most riser (which I always do)

If I turn on the info label it tells me I have 8 treads (although only 7 are shown, it's apparently including the landing) and 7 risers (which doesn't include the needed topmost riser) By the way I typically work, it should be 7 treads with 8 risers @ 7.375 for a total height of 59".

So it looks like the top tread I was trying to get rid of is actually supposed to be there but it lacks the dashed line that indicates the landing nosing overhang above as on all the other treads. Which is strange becasue it is shown in 3D.

Bottom line seems to be that I would want the nosing overhang to be shown on the top tread and the info label to indicate total risers including the landing and total treads not including the landing.

Sorry if this re-hashing things everyone's already worked out, but it's making me nuts!!!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Make sure this button (see attached) is clicked so that an "extra tread" is not added to the stair.
Stair.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Oh sorry, I see that you're using ArchiStair -- for some reason, I've got StairMaker on the brain -- there's a similar button in the ArchiStair dialog.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the follow-up anyway. I do have the 'no top tread' button selected - it appears that the top tread I'm seeing is supposed to be there after all, it's just shown as without the nosing overhang which threw me off.

I was also thrown by archistairs format of specifying the number of treads rather than the number of risers as I am used to.

Still wish I could get a top nosing the show up though...

And another thing while on the ArchiStair topic - I would love to be able to do a 'U' shaped stair in which there is no gap between the the two flights. This is pretty common but if I enter the desired dimensions (say 6' total width for two 3' wide flight) archistair automatically added something like 25/32" to create a gap.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still working on this ArchiStair stair and am left with two issues - maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

1. the top tread is deeper than all the others. It also doesn't show the overhang of the nosing. (maybe it's actually trying to display something other than the top tread) I have it set to not show the break.

2. in section, there is a gap under the treads as shown in the attachment.

Any help is appreciated! thanks