Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad to 3d studio max and back..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to know if there is a feature for updating your model ind 3d studio max. (Reference file)

I have been very happy with the feature in artlantis vs. archicad. It is a feature like this I am in the search for.?
11 REPLIES 11
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,
Olivier Gras has developped a plugin for this purpose but I can't say how effecient it is ..... you've to .

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/archicad-importer
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi TMA

I can see the link is not working anymore.

I don't think he is making the script anymore.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi Mallek, I didn't notice that the website is down ( hope they will fix that soon) , Olivier , what is hapenning ?!

Anyway, This should be the file;

If i remember correctly: you've to open 3dsmax , drag this mzp file on the 3dsmax viewport and then an ArchiCAD sub menu should appear somewhere ( look for it in the tools options...)
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks TMA

Will it work for the latest version of 3DS.? (2011)
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I've installed it on Max2010 with no problems so far... couldn't say anything about 2011 but as the file was updated on 10/2010, I guess it should work...
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK.Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi TMA

It didn't work with 2011. 😞

Martin

Will this plugin go both ways, if ýou haft to update your model.?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody knows about a tutorial for using archicad together with 3d studio max.?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

the best method I get for now, is to export the 3D model from Archicad as Wavefront object (.obj) and to to import it in 3dsmax. The model is imported as editable poly. You have to work a little to attach the poly's because they are split in two parts the smooth and the flat part but it worth because you get a much smoother result in case of curved objects and terrain mesh compared to the .3ds export, and you can further improve them in max.

If you have earlier version of max you can download an .obj importing plugin from http://www.maxplugins.de

If you have to change a part of the model you can delete that part in the max scene and to import again the modified one from AC, remap and render.

Have fun.

Regards Ede (Edward)
obj import options.jpg