Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Best Way to Merge 24 Project with New Template and version 25

Eric Milberger
Advocate
I tried and things did not work.

1. Open Existing 24 Project in 25 and saved
2. Opened 24 file that was created from clean template in 25 and saved as 25.pln
3. Grabbed all items in Project and cut paste into
25.pln

Now I have what looks like the project know that I still need to import materials, surfaces, etc from the original drawings into this project. That has not happened yet.

I tried to adjust the floors of this new pln as they are the floors of the original template and not the imported file

It does not stick. I change it and it acts as if I do not have right permissions

This project is just a schematic but want to place it into a nice clean template created 25.pln

My plans don't look right

I go to "Floor Plan Cut Plane" and make the adjustment so that the cuts are right
But then go out of the plan and back - and the change is gone as if I dont have right permissions.

I cant tell if this is an individual problem or a ver 25 issue.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
1 REPLY 1
tsturm
Newcomer
Use the migration feature to move projects from one version to a newer version. I am sure there is a video covering the how to. We use this feature and it's quite easy to do.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000