Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cable trays change height after exporting to ifc

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Hi everyone,

I am new to Archicad and I was tasked to route cable trays for a warehouse. I was provided an *.ifc file with the structure of the warehouse, which I hotlinked to a new project and saved it as a *.pln file. Then I routed the cable trays with at the correct height and exported the MEP Electrical layer as an *.ifc file.

When I open that *.ifc file, all of the trays are too low. And here is a possible clue to a solution: if the height of the tray itself is 60cm, then it will be too low by 30cm; if the height of the cable tray itself is 110cm, then it will be too low by 55cm - cable trays get lowered by half of their height.

I also tried to save cable trays as a new *.pln file by Save Selection as Module and saving it as *.pln file and in this case everything was well (but I need *.ifc files).

I am looking forward to hearing about beginner's mistake that I made 🙂

EDIT: I forgot to mention that on exporting to *.ifc I get a warning that there are multiple survey points. I do not know if it is important or not.

Best wishes,

Jakob

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
0 REPLIES 0