Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Can't find teamwork file!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have posted this before. Well, it's still happening and no one can give me an answer to this problem so I decided to try again...

While in teamwork, I go to change my workspace. It chugs along for a second and then says

"Can't read the teamwork project"

I say "OK"

Then it says

"Project (project name) not found or stored name doesn't match. Please find the project manually."

So I click "OK"

It then brings me to a browser window showing the exact location of the file I'm working on. I click on the file. Then I get

"Can't read the teamwork project"

I can't do anything then except click "Cancel"

It then says "Cannot read teamwork administration data"

I then am back to where I started. For some reason if another team member sends and receives changes then I immediately change my workspace, I can do it. This is a major distraction and effects productivity. Can anyone help me?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whoa, I had to read that a couple times before I figured it out...

Thanks for the testing! Hopefully someone can figure out what's going on here.
kevin b
Contributor
Since my last post we had User A "Receive Changes and Settings" (as suggested above) then tried to duplicate the problem, had User B change workspace, but now User A could S/R without issue.

Will keep you posted.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've been having this problem for some time, Graphisoft are aware of it but don't seem to have a fix, it is definitely a bug with the software and is extremely annoying. It has absolutely nothing to do with different machines, versions, number of teammates or hotlinks. It does it with new plps almost straight away. We are all on the latest build of AC12 and on Intel Mac Pros.

The thinking is it's related to file permissions on a server, when the plp is written by one teammate the file is 'write-protected', so when the next teammate tries to S&R the plp cannot be overwritten and the 'Cannot find Teamwork file' or the 'I/O error' message comes up.

They really need to sort it out as it's affecting our productivity and it's driving me round the twist.
kevin b
Contributor
We actually received a reply from Graphisoft which essentially said we haven't figured it out. From the tone of the email, if an email can have one, we got the impression they aren't working too hard on it as the entire teamwork team has been working on TW2.0 for AC13.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein
Even without TW, I ran into some permission issues in an office with mixed PPC/Intel Macs, mixed 10.4 and 10.5, and a network drive attached to a user workstation.

In that case, disabling permissions on the shared drive solved the problem. This of course exposes them to a accidental or malicious loss of data if someone (one of their kids even) plugs into their network and accesses that drive. So, it is not without some risk.

See attached screenshot. Do a Get Info on the shared drive and then check the box to "Ignore Ownership".

If the drive has lots of stuff on it, it might be safer to test this idea on a virgin partition with only your TW stuff. Use Disk Utility to add a partition to one of your drives, do the Ignore Ownership thing on the new partition, copy your TW files there, and then see if the problem is resolved.

Just a thought.

Karl
Picture 1.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB