Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex profile modifiers problem

coty
Contributor

HI!!!! 

I have a problem with a wall I am creating. I am trying to create a wall with the complex profile. It is a composite wall of concrete core and Plaster on both interior and exterior finishes. 
On the exterior finish I Split the wall in three and added two profiles in the middle.
I added stretch modifiers so as to change the finishes thickness and the concrete thickness as well (this works perfect) I also added height offset modifiers to change the profiles and plaster heights according to the different projects I have but I am experiencing a problem. It is changing the measurements of the profile and can not figure out how to constrain (like I could do in solid works or AutoCAD for example) the profile measurements.

Any ideas?!!!

coty_0-1675347869626.pngcoty_1-1675347895324.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It relies on the modifier itself, in your case check if there’re modifiers are related to others so for example when you increase the height of plaster it raises its base because you tied them together so check every modifier by selecting it in the profile editor panel so the related edges will have blue color when deselecting unwanted edge that will change to be red color.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution

It relies on the modifier itself, in your case check if there’re modifiers are related to others so for example when you increase the height of plaster it raises its base because you tied them together so check every modifier by selecting it in the profile editor panel so the related edges will have blue color when deselecting unwanted edge that will change to be red color.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB