Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule Not Showing Room Names

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I've come across an issue in a project where the door schedule is not showing room names for zones that are not on the same storey as the door.

Allow me to explain further. I had set up a plan view that shows several storeys on the same plan as it is a split level sort of situation. The zone is set from Storey 1 to way up in the sky. The walls and door are set to Storey 2.
If I change the zone to Storey 2 the room name shows up in the schedule but disappears from the plan. If I reassociate the doors and walls with Storey 1 this also works. However, this is not practical due to the size of the project.

I don't understand why this isn't just working. The door is in the zone. It shouldn't matter what storey it is on. Anyway, surely I'm missing something very simple.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, this is a limitation of ARCHICAD. This is how the program currently evaluates if a Door in in a Zone or not. I do not have a workaround I can offer, besides that you should probably model the multi-story Zone by creating Zones for each story separately, and giving them the same Zone ID and Name.

You can make a wish for this feature, we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27