Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element Transfer Settings and Section Name

4hotshoes
Advisor

The Cross Sections in my project file come from someone else and the settings are incorrect. I want to transfer settings and have been able to do that. However, now all my sections have the same name.

I looked at Element Transfer Settings and have them all on. Then created a new one with "Name" turned off for Sections and Elevations. Once I set the new Transfer Set as default I grabbed settings from one section and injected them into another, but he Name transferred too. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.21.30 AM.png

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

I have found transfer settings to be a bit unstable. Just before you transfer the settings hover over the receiving element and AC should display the transfer setting type. Check it is using the settings you want e.g. without name.

If you are certain of your settings then it may be a bug that needs reporting, but it seems ok in my AC24.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I tried this in Archicad 25 and it works for me as expected - Name is not transferred from one Section to another. I made sure that I am using the correct Element Transfer setting before injecting settings into the second Section.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27