Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Having New IFC Pset´s "ticked on" by default

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone has a trick to have your newly created IFC Properties "Ticked on" upon creation. This way they would be a part of the Existing data export-setup...

I see many users who creates Pset´s, after the initial proposal phase. (The Same AC Project is used throughout the diferent atages/phases, thus having more and more BIM data added)

When creating new Pset´s, then "all" objects must be selected, and then manually the Pset´s can be "ticked on"

As if changing the Id, or likewise. This seems like quite a cumbersome task if done in the IFC Project Manager (looking for tips/tricks here!)

ThomasNymann_1-1657107305676.png

One could use "Find and Select", to select the the correct elements from 3d, and then add the Pset´s

ThomasNymann_0-1657107264628.png

Is this simply the way it is done, or could we have those new Pset´s "ticked on" by default ?

Cheers

Thomas

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

If you create the Property Set in the IFC Translators/Property Mapping area they'll be ticked by default. The steps are:

1. Head to the File Menu > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Translators

2. Select the IFC Translator you use for export and on the right click the three dots next to Property Mapping followed by the Map IFC Properties for export button

3. Select the element type you would like to create a property set for e.g. IfcWall  in the middle click the new button to create a new Pset and property

4. Once the property has been created select it and on the right click new rule next to the add content button select static text and leave it empty the properties should then look like this:

a.PNG

Ready for you to then populate with the desired values.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

If you create the Property Set in the IFC Translators/Property Mapping area they'll be ticked by default. The steps are:

1. Head to the File Menu > Interoperability > IFC > IFC Translators

2. Select the IFC Translator you use for export and on the right click the three dots next to Property Mapping followed by the Map IFC Properties for export button

3. Select the element type you would like to create a property set for e.g. IfcWall  in the middle click the new button to create a new Pset and property

4. Once the property has been created select it and on the right click new rule next to the add content button select static text and leave it empty the properties should then look like this:

a.PNG

Ready for you to then populate with the desired values.

Hope this helps.

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Hi M. Scott - This was exactly what I was looking for, much appreciated - Thank you 🙂

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +