Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

How do I select & deselect all layers in the layer palette in V26?

yimyammer
Booster

I LOVE the ability to create folders in layers, attributes, etc and have been asking for this for 10+ years

however I cant find the select and deselect all buttons in the new version, where'd they go & how do. we do it in V26?

see attached picture

2022-08-11_19-28-44.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Strawbale23
Expert

I wish folders could be coloured coded in GS, at the moment I have to scroll through a grey UI and pick out text or memorise the folder structure to quickly navigate to the type of folder, plan, layout, view, etc I want.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/

Or just type something in the 'search' box to find all related content?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JDux
Participant

Why would they remove it?! it wasn't hurting anyone and made no improvement in the performance of the software, it slows me down and yeah I get the cmd+a but, i liked that buttons function for other layer functions? Please Fix the line type issue, the tool palette issue, the fact that only one person can work in profiles at a time first, then make "improvements" if they actually improve something. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the select all and deselect all options return. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

After 40 years of R&D, the key decision makers on features, UI, UX, don't seem to be people with a working knowledge of how CAD is used in the real-world by us in the trenches. They used to be, but it's clear not anymore.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Solution
Jeff Thompson
Contributor

There are a thousand ways to use Archicad, or any program for that matter.  I tend to agree with JDux, why remove it, it wasn't hurting anybody.  In fact, it helped users.  I think it should be noted that there are users of the program with all different levels of expertise.  The owner of my company doesn't know every last little thing in Archicad, he just knows just enough to get himself in trouble.  When I hear him say, why did they get rid of the "select all" and "deselect all" buttons in the layer dialog box, that's maybe something they shouldn't have messed with or taken out.  I showed him the alternate solution, ctrl-a, but he thought it was stupid and hopes that it will be put back in soon.  Meaning the next version...hint, hint...   All I'm saying is he's the one that pays for the program...  Just saying...

Project Manager
Rutledge Maul Architects, PS Inc., Seattle, WA
Windows 11 Pro, HP Desktop, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system.
Archicad 26 - Graphisoft Forward
Canyi Huang
Newcomer

I use Windows and I found a shortcut: shift+end 

or Ctrl+A