Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC Advice - Replace with AC tools

Hi, I got IFC model from AutoCad 3D and I have to do some changes in the model.

Is there some way how can I replace or convert modell to Archicads design tools ? 

- For example change all toilets to all toilets from Archicad library objects ?

- Or change all walls, slabs, windows and doors to AC

It would be helpful if it can do this with out to re-modelete all house.

Skärmavbild 2021-12-01 kl. 11.07.14.jpgSkärmavbild 2021-12-01 kl. 11.07.38.jpgSkärmavbild 2021-12-01 kl. 11.08.07.jpg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello Vojtech Slavik,

The IFC format can be exported for modification but no software certfiication will guarantee the result. To do this, it is necessary to export the IFC format with an MVD of type DTW (Model View Definition: Design Transfer View). Archicad is able to import an IFC of this type to allow editing, but Autodesk Autocad does not have any certification in this regard. To know the type of MVD of your IFC : read the IFC file in a text editor.
If your IFC file is a Reference View or a Coordination view export, you will not be able to modify it as you want.

Finally, think about the import parameters of your IFC file because Archicad offers a wide choice of export and import parameters for this format.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Hello Vojtech Slavik,

The IFC format can be exported for modification but no software certfiication will guarantee the result. To do this, it is necessary to export the IFC format with an MVD of type DTW (Model View Definition: Design Transfer View). Archicad is able to import an IFC of this type to allow editing, but Autodesk Autocad does not have any certification in this regard. To know the type of MVD of your IFC : read the IFC file in a text editor.
If your IFC file is a Reference View or a Coordination view export, you will not be able to modify it as you want.

Finally, think about the import parameters of your IFC file because Archicad offers a wide choice of export and import parameters for this format.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Thank you 🙂  I see it's looks like that it will not work for me unfortunately.
I can't change exported IFC file

It's pity that I can't replace or convert to the AC tools.

for me IFC translation is quite hard for understanding. which translator doing.

Anyway thank you 🙂 

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB