Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Translator for opening IFC via drag&drop?

Martin Jan Rosa
Booster
Hello everybody,

I am just facing quite a challenge – what IFC import translator is being used when one drags and drops IFC into an open Archicad project (this way, one cannot select a particular one)? I did some experiments and it seems to me that the one I had selected as the last when I clicked OK in the IFC Translators window is being used as "default" for the drag&drop.

(Btw, I know well, that drag&drop is the dumbest way of importing an IFC – but a colleague insists that import with various translator settings didn't work for him, but the drag&drop did the job well...)
www.martinrosa.cz
GRAPHISOFT Certified Archicad BIM Manager, 2021, 2023
AC 27 CZ @ macOS 14.3
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not completely sure, but I think it is the "General Import" Translator.
You can try Merging the IFC file. In that case, you can select the Translator to use, Select the General Import Translator and see if it gives the same result as the drag-and-drop. If it does then it is most probably the "General Import" Translator.

Or change some setting in the "General Import" Translator before doing that drag-and-drop so you can absolutely positively tell whether that was used by the drag-and-drop or not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27