Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help with this?

Im currently creating a 3d model in archicad of a site, which has a been surveyed in an autocad drawing.

In order to accurately get the levels onto the 3d model i need to somehow overlay my autocad drawing onto my archicad drawing so that i can draw on the contour lines from the survey. Can anyone suggest a way of importing an autocad drawing into archicad to scale so i can do this?

Thanks alot.
15 REPLIES 15
Thomas Holm
Booster
Please - I'm not here to read the manual for you. Just read the Help file, or the manual. You can even just drag the dwg file into a floor plan window.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or you can just place the DWG file using the Drawing Tool, then resize it in its Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J
Anonymous
Not applicable
jrscholl wrote:
I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J
ArchiCAD only imports 3D DWG as library parts. To convert 3D DWG to a site model you need ArchiTerra, but you will have to convert the DWG to DXF. I just did a very large site and it worked brilliantly (aside from the mediocre quality of the DWG file).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question on importing a cad dwg drawings. Please help

I'm new in using ArchiCad and I'm trying to insert a cad dwg of a site plan so I can use it to set up my design. How could do that?

thanks
Eduardo Rolon
Start to read from Thomas post above.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where?
Eduardo Rolon
Second post from the top. OR start reading