Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedules w/ two criteria types?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to create an I.S. that uses two Criteria types like Windows and Zones and have respective “Additional Parameters” related to each of these Criteria types in the “Fields/Parameters to List”

I’ve created custom Window and Zone objects with new “Light” and “Vent” parameters. I’m attempting to create a Light +Vent schedule by pulling these new additional parameter values from my Window and Zone objects. I’m finding that this might not be possible because I can’t get the parameters, indicated in the “Fields”, to report all the values in the IS…some of them just come up blank. (see attached image)

If I create two separate schedules, one for the zones and one for the windows, the respective parameters report just fine…

Is this a possible limitation of Interactive Schedules???

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated
Dan K

LV_IS.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
The I.S. cannot do what you want (AFAIK), Dan.

I think your post, and several others, will demonstrate to GS that users want to (and have wanted to) extract data in a reasonably visual and interactive way and so are asking the I.S. to do more than it was designed to do.

The easiest resolution would be to export the data for each element type and combine it in Excel/etc. On the PC, the ODBC driver might be an option to dynamically generate the information in Access (or Filemaker - I've only used Access so far).

(AFAICT, the list schemes do not offer the capability you want either. Just a quick look ... no experience to base that on.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

I think your post, and several others, will demonstrate to GS that users want to (and have wanted to) extract data in a reasonably visual and interactive way and so are asking the I.S. to do more than it was designed to do.

The easiest resolution would be to export the data for each element type and combine it in Excel/etc. On the PC, the ODBC driver might be an option to dynamically generate the information in Access (or Filemaker - I've only used Access so far).

(AFAICT, the list schemes do not offer the capability you want either. Just a quick look ... no experience to base that on.)

Karl
Karl,
Thanks for your feedback...I was expecting that this was the case. It would be nice to hear from Graphisoft concerning these kinds of issues. I really feel that we need to be able to use the IS with more than one "Element type" under the "Criterion name" Without this capability, I can think of no way to schedule "Additional Parameters" from Zone elements and Window elements at the same time in the same schedule.

I suspect there could be several schedule types where one might need to report additional parameters simultaneously from different element types. Right now the only way to do it is to create seperate schedules for each element type...this is a pretty big limitation.

Graphisoft please feel free to comment...your input would be valuable...it would be nice to know if I'm heading down a dead end path...this experimentation takes too much time and time is money.

This might be possible if there were a way to add to the default "Available Parameters" in the left scrolling region under the "Fields" Tab. Do you have any idea how these available parameters are determined and is there a way to add to them???

P.S. thanks also for the heads up on the list schemes...I was considering investigating this as an alternative...probably won't waste my time doing so at this point until I undertand more of what Graphisoft's interpretations of these limitaions really are.

Thanks,
Dan K
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Is this why it does not appear that we can list both the door object and door marker parameters in a schedule?

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=41531#41531

This is very unfortunate...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Is this why it does not appear that we can list both the door object and door marker parameters in a schedule?

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=41531#41531

This is very unfortunate...
Yes, unfortunately I believe this to be the root cause of the problem. The Interactive Scheduler cannot handle "additional parameters" from two different "element types" AFAIK.

I posted this issue 3 months ago and still don't have any "official" word confirming or resolving the problem...I suspect you've met the same dead end I did. Keep your fingers crossed that this will be addressed by Version 10

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Karl
Karl,
Can you please resopnd to this in relation to Version 10? Are there any new features that makes this possible without having to resort to Access or Filemaker workarounds....

Thanks,
Dan K
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Is there no way to pass the data from the Zone to the window so the schedule could read it all from one element?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
TomWaltz
Participant
Geoff wrote:
Is there no way to pass the data from the Zone to the window so the schedule could read it all from one element?
I think that's about the only thing you could do.

Dan, there were no enhancements to the Scheduling abilities, just their interface and update capabilities.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
Geoff,
Good thought but I don't think it will work for what I'm trying ("was" trying) to do. It's been a while since I gave up on this so I can't really remember all the issues....basically I'm trying to schedule the zones and their respective areas so I can simultaneously list the percentages of Light and Vent that are related to a specific zone in the same schedule. Heck, I get confused just trying to explain it.

...Bottomline, I've pretty much determined that a straightforward and simple "Light & Vent" schedule cannot be created with the current ArchiCAD Listing or I.S. tools...Seeing Tom's latest comment makes it seem like nothing has really changed in Version 10 that would resolve the issue either

...Personally, I'm having a hard time with ArchiCAD's very limited reporting capabilities. It just seems like they should be more useable than they currently are.

Dan K