General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Knowledge Sharing

Eric Milberger
Advocate
I face a different issue I believe. I have no peers to talk about this product. Love it as I have change from a product that was actually made me want to start taking drugs.

The challenge is there are no Architcad users here locally thus no local support amongst peers.

I have challanges and will take more classes but they can't be crammed into one time period without geting in way of work that is need to pay for the classes and all the kids and dogs.

I have entertained a Zoom that ran and ran and ran where people could join and just sit in as we do in cubicles.

Just so many questions and ideas but on a little deserted island.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
So... you are looking for a chat room, ideally voice, of AC users in which you can ask questions when they arise?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sure you can find many people here who can share their knowledge with you - either if you have specific questions or if you just want to explore the topics. If you are looking for some trainings, I can recommend you our Learn Portal, and for generic questions, you might find your answers on our Help Center.

I also recommend to check our sample projects - you can learn a lot from them as well.

Again, welcome here and let us know if we can help you somehow on your journey with Archicad!

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
Eric wrote:
I face a different issue I believe. I have no peers to talk about this product. Love it as I have change from a product that was actually made me want to start taking drugs.

The challenge is there are no Architcad users here locally thus no local support amongst peers.

I have challanges and will take more classes but they can't be crammed into one time period without geting in way of work that is need to pay for the classes and all the kids and dogs.

I have entertained a Zoom that ran and ran and ran where people could join and just sit in as we do in cubicles.

Just so many questions and ideas but on a little deserted island.
Hi Eric,

Happy to see you here! I am very glad you shared your thoughts here, as Graphisoft is working on ways to reshape our community to be better. Noemi shared some good knowledge-base sources with you, but I am curious to know what would be a good way for you to be more active and exchange experiences with others?

Thanks a lot,
Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

Gerry Leonor
Advisor
Unless there's one already & is available to join, i'm seriously thinking of creating a Discord channel for ArchiCAD. just a place where we can post tips, YT tutorial links, whinge & cheer and probably even help others out.
AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
runxel
Legend
Gerard wrote:
Unless there's one already & is available to join, i'm seriously thinking of creating a Discord channel for ArchiCAD. just a place where we can post tips, YT tutorial links, whinge & cheer and probably even help others out.
There is a german one. But an international Discord server would be great, too.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Eric Milberger
Advocate
I am looking for something for akin to an office. Zoom works well - somewhere you just have folks working and chatting daily. People jump in and out. But a group you can as a "How do I do this - my brain is fried today."

The rooms like this are ok but by the time you get an answer you are two projects down the road.

I have worked many jobs and find the "over the cubical wall" eaves dropping you do is a great way to learn.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
There are also some groups on LinkedIn, if you have an account there.

I'm probably too set in my ways by now at 41, but I don't find any online option to weigh up against just talking to someone in the office.

I do find this forum great for seeing potential problems that I could also stumble on and offering help where you can or just stumbling up on a work method you haven't thought of yet. It will never be a substitute for tech support or a good course with a skilled tutor though. Both of those should really be offered by your local reseller.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5