BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Loops in Expression Archicad 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to create "Loop" in expression ? some trick ! replacing "for" which exists in other programs.
I try to find a formula that can calculate the total area of windows and doors on each side of the building.

Regards !
Vasilis.
3 REPLIES 3
poco2013
Mentor
AFAIK -

There is no way to create a loop within a expression. Expressions are basically a single line of logic. You can however 'chain' expressions and somewhat create a loop but Archicad expressions have nothing like a FOR or WHILE loop. Hopefully we'll get a script language in the future??

Expressions also can only address single objects. To sum areas, as in windows, use the interactive schedule filter to return the window areas of interest and then just use the 'sum' column feature.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Τhank you for the information !
I have already used Schedules for calculation areas.
I simply needed it to be able to compare (like in aca).
I hope they will be added in the future!

thank you poco!
Vasilis.
poco2013
Mentor
By COMPARE, I assume you want to compare a parameter of one object against the parameter of another object? That is something that, by design, you can not do with expressions. However, if you are familiar with C++ you can easily do that with a ADD-In and the API. I'm a Amateur when it comes to the API, but if you post this question in the developer section someone MAY provide a function to do just that?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Learn and get certified!