Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP

David Shorter
Advisor

I note that Archicad 26 has a new Tool. The Equipment Tool, used to access all the MEP stuff.

This is nice but is only a rudimentary implementation and I note it doesn't appear anywhere in the New features list.

I can sort of understand why. 2 tools (left the Equipment Tool, right the Object Tool) accessing the same object and even the classification vary as do the User ID. Should be fairly simple to resolve in the first update. Also some fittings (basins etc) are accessed through only the object tool whilst this doesn't see the Hot Water Cylinder which is only seen but the Equipment tool.

MEP-OBJ.jpg

However the big missing part of the MEP package as far as I can see is the underground (and aboveground) drainage. This is something even the smallest project needs. Many years ago there were all the standard PVC drain components in the library but they don't appear now.

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
5 REPLIES 5
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

Hi David. Equiplment tool was addet in Archicad 25, you will see it when you change your work environment to MEP. 

I also don't understand why some objects are only in one tool and others are in both. This makes the library confusing.

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com

Yes but in 26  its visible in the Architectural WE.

"I also don't understand why some objects are only in one tool and others are in both. This makes the library confusing." Neither do I. I have reported this during Beta so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

There is a setting you can change to automatically convert elements to Equipment when placed. My Equipment tool shows all available Library Parts that can be Equipment. The Object Tool shows all available Library Parts that can be both Objects and Equipment.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Yes Lee, that's true but the Object ID's are different and the default Layers are different and for example some Sinks are found in Plumbing Fixtures 26 and some in Plumbing 26.
Why?
Its just not logical.

you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

Interesting, I have been asked as follows

"Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution."

The answer is NO. There are 2 issues here. One is the illogical arrangement of Tools and Object location, the other is the complete lack of drainage components

you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone