BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Multiple Hotlinked Modules Project - Survey Point - Revit Sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All.

This is my first post in the forum. we have a Large project in office of 192k Square Meters aprox. The project consist in 5 Towers, each tower has been modeled in separate PLN files, then we have to put them together into a single Site PLN file.

Im trying to understand the use of the survey point, just to share information via IFC within ArchiCAD and Revit, but the point is that our Survey point is about large coordinate distances, ie. X 1,612,099 Y 501,682 Z 1,585, that is a very large distance to input into the project. (im refering to this information source: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/open-bim/survey-point-is-now-supported-at-ifc-importexport/) .

The source says that is not recomended to set up distance longer than 1KM. in that way, our project is far beyond.

The final question is:
  • How do you recomend (in your experience) to work the survey points for this project in particular? Keep in mind that this would need to be set up in each module file just to export them as IFC to import them into Revit keeping the coordinates. What we want is to share each building or tower with a correct survey coordinate for the others can link each one correctly into Revit.
I'm attaching an image about the survey coordinates, and the plan for you to get an idea of the project size.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Welcome to the forum Rodrigo.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you as I have never had the need to use the survey point.

I have moved your post to a more appropriate section of the forum.
Please read the section descriptions to determine where best to post.
Moderators will move if necessary but it helps us if you try to find the right spot.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This post has a tip you may be able to use in your situation:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=277541#p277541
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD