Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problem with PMK published on BIMcloud

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've a problem with the PMK I publish on BIMcloud server.
I have drawings linked to those PMK on my master layout.
When I publish the PMK again, I can't update them on the layout: Error message saying that It can't open file. I've done the same with PDF and I don't have the error: It's just related to the filetype, so I think that it's a bug from Archicad.
AC24 4018 FRA + Bimcloud 2020.3 FRA
7 REPLIES 7
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi prot158,

Thanks for coming here with your question. This is a known issue with Archicad 24, that it is not able to handle republished PMK files properly when they are from a BIMcloud.

I have good news - fix for this behaviour is part of the upcoming update, so search for DEF-2945.

Until the fix, you need to relink these files, it fixes the situation.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to hear that. I wondered if I was going crazy. It's just a bit annoying that we pay 400€/yr to upgrade to BIMcloud just for that functionality and that it doesn't work properly... Thks for your answer
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... Unfortunately, I stil can't update PMK with the last update 5000 (FRA). Stil get an error message when updating.
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi prot158,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm so sorry you still experience the issue. Can I invite you to a private message to investigate your issue?

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
Hi Noémi,

Is it good practice publishing the PMK's to the BIMcloud?!

I have only just started doing this for the project I am currently working on.
The reason for this choice is twofold:
  • Automatic versioning of the PMK's whenever it is published -> easy to download a previous version if needed
  • Dedicated network folder for External References now only holds NON-AC files (dxf, dwg, pdf...)
Kind regards,

Johan
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
TimoRy
Contributor
nbalogh wrote:
Hi prot158,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm so sorry you still experience the issue. Can I invite you to a private message to investigate your issue?

Kind regards,
Noémi
Hello!

I'm experiencing same issue. We are working on with version 5004 FIN FULL and exactly the same error message appears if we try updating .PMK via BIMCloud.

In our case there so many (hundreds) views that updating them by relinking is out of the question.

Has there been any progress with the issue?
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hello All,

Please update your Archicad to 6004 to fix this issue (see announcement: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74060)

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin