BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Show "sq ft" on zone schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have a zone schedule which is displaying zone names and area calculations (see photo). I would like to be able to display "sq ft" next to every area calculation. Is there a way to achieve this? Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
poco2013
Mentor
AFAIK -- The short answer is NO.

This is because Archicad does not have a property which displays working units and you can not combine two properties in a single cell. You could add a custom text column next to it and fill it in manually.

OR-- You could create a expression which converts the area to a string and append the working unit onto that string. Then use that expression in the schedule cell. Only have to do it once.

I have basically the same problem in handling currency which Archicad does not handle at all.

If there is a better solution, I like to know it as this problem comes up a lot.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can create an Expression-based Property, which displays the Zone Area plus it adds " sq ft" to its end, then Schedule that Property instead of the Zone Area.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!