BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork Error on Refresh Server Library?

matjashka
Enthusiast
I have a specific GDL-only library that's about 6.2MB (~100 files), it sits on a shared network drive on our local X-Serve (Mac/Leopard), it has no strange characters in part names... I don't know what else to look for. File permissions are fine.

I can never Refresh the library. Every time I want to do something, I have to remove an re-upload.
I don't have that problem with other libraries.
Our BIM server is running modules for v14, v15 and v16. I'm still on v15 on my machine.

Any advice what's causing the problem?? Thank you.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
2 REPLIES 2
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
It's still a problem. I'm running 16 and 17 modules, and keep getting the error "Error Occurred During the Last Teamwork Operation: Refresh Server Libraries" when I try to refresh. However, I've found Relocate to typically work. You just have to save the same path.

Oddly enough, we have 2 BIM Servers in our office for different studios. It will sometimes work on one, but not the other, even though I'm updating the same office library.

If this doesn't work, isn't it just as easy for me to link directly to the folder on our network? I update parts regularly, and prior to BIM Server Libraries, everything updated automatically. Progress!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
matjashka
Enthusiast
Chuck, I'll try your tip next time, thanks!

Your question about linking directly to the folder... I suspect it's rhetorical, and that you are aware that Teamwork only uses BIM libraries for parts, no direct linking is available. The main reason I can think of is to ascertain library availability in complex network environments (plus, everybody is forced to pull information from the same source to maintain control over the project).
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!