Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Teamwork, project preferences changing back to undesired standard

Frillex
Advocate

Hello everyone,

We have 4 bigger projects at the office and we are only 3 users. 

For some reason each time we join a TW project the dimensions settings is switched to some silly swedish standard called DIN, which we never use nor have ever used before. 

I'd say all 3 of us are decent Archicad users (but we have not been using TW much before, small office) but can't seem to figure out why the project preference standard is changed back when we release and join again. 

I have been doing some research and another tread about this said something about changing the setting, all users have to leave, change avatar and colour for the setting to kick in. This can't be the solution.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.  

Thanks in advance.

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andrii Levko
Expert

I can say for sure that it depends on what dimension settings the file was shared with on BIMcloud. It has been tested in practice more than once. So if the file was shared with the DIN settings in the project map, then when a new user join, DIN dimension settings in the project map will be by default.

Solution might be to reshare the project. But in my opinion it is not needed since you are using the view map.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andrii Levko
Expert

Hi Felix

I assume you're talking about switching dimension settings in the project map?
If you are using a View Map, the dimension settings will not switch, it should always be as you set in View settings >> 2D / 3D Documents.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Miha_M
Advisor

As @Andrii Levko said, you should save your desired Dimensioning settings and appy these scheme to your View Settings (View Map > right click on the view > View Settings > set Dimensioning). Do the saved views change their settings after somebody joins the TW project?

Miha_M_0-1662720561582.png

The silly DIN should be a German Standard.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Frillex
Advocate

Hi Miha & Andrii, 

Thanks for your replay. 

The views are saved as they should, with our dimension setting we usually use. 

So when ever I change to an existing view the setting changes correctly. 

This happens when ever someone leaves and enters again. And that's what I'm trying to understand. Does this have something to do with our settings when the project was saved as TW file? 

I can add that when I join a TW file, i find my self in the project map. 

PS. Miha, I guess Graphisoft sweden most have stole your german standards way back when they first did our swedish customisation. 🙂 Beacuse i remember it being in AC 13 as well.  

Thanks again
Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

Just to clarify:

It's only set to DIN when I'm in the project map as I join. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

For sure the DIN settings aren't mine. DIN dimensioning settings (Deutsche IndustrieNorm) were and are still part of the german Archicad localisation. Maybe also part of other european based localisations, where national standards were based on the german ones.

I don't work on TW projects, but I think Archicad remembers the last settings state when saving. Maybe in TW it does so for when the project was first time shared as a TW file? You could try to save the correct settings as a new TW shared project.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Solution
Andrii Levko
Expert

I can say for sure that it depends on what dimension settings the file was shared with on BIMcloud. It has been tested in practice more than once. So if the file was shared with the DIN settings in the project map, then when a new user join, DIN dimension settings in the project map will be by default.

Solution might be to reshare the project. But in my opinion it is not needed since you are using the view map.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

Thank you Andrii, 

Then I know why. As you suggested we wont reshare. It was never a big issue, it just bother me that I did not understand why. But now I'm wiser thanks to you. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!