Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Transferring Property Data Between Different Object Types

gdford
Advisor
Lets say I have reason to build countertops using the slab tool and the mesh tool and I have a special custom property set for countertops applied to both the slab countertop and the mesh countertop.
I would have thought that if sampled the mesh countertop I could inject the property data into the slab countertop, but this does not seem to be the case...

This works as expected between mesh to mesh and slab to slab.

There are lots of ways to model things in Archicad. It seems a shame to have my data trapped in an Object Type.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to schedule them. For schedule fields, select only those Property Data, nothing else. Then you can also use the "Merge Uniform Items" so elements are listed in as few rows as possible. Then you can modify the values from the Schedule for many elements in a single step.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
gdford
Advisor
Yes - I believe that would work.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
If you're after easy ways to manage and transfer custom properties, you might want to check out our Metadata palette. You can transfer any combination of property values from any selection to any other selection, and see/edit property values live from the palette.

There's some more info here: https://centralinnovation.com/archicad/extensions/ci-metadata/
…but let me know if you want more. A picture of the palette is attached.
Ralph Wessel BArch
gdford
Advisor
This looks interesting.
Thanks Ralph.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000