BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

WASHER DRYER OBJECT ACTS LOCKED

Anonymous
Not applicable
co-worked without MEP has a plan with a washer/dryer from AC12 that acts like its locked, the nodes when selected turn a dull/faded pink versus the vibrant node color on other objects. they show up in the object parameter dialogue, but the ok button is not selectable (to the change the object or paraemeters). both appear in 3d with an adjacent counter. she wants to move them and although you can select them, they won't move nor delete and i verified that ac12 library is loaded. the layer is plumbing (not locked) and unlock all has been selected from the edit pull down... what next? why are these objects acting so difficult?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the washer dryer object itself locked??
Edit>Locking
Select the washer dryer and go to the Locking menu if Lock is greyed out then select Unlock!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
vango:

From the MEP Modeler User Guide (p55):
If a project created in an MEP environment is reopened using ArchiCAD
only (without MEP Modeler), the MEP objects are available, although
locked for editing. If you wish to edit or move these elements, you must
first unlock them individually (Edit > Locking > Unlock). Their MEP
connection information - once you have edited them in a non-MEP
Modeler environment - is lost, and they behave as plain GDL objects in
ArchiCAD.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rakela Raul
Participant
i had a frustrating day cuz of the same thing Vango.....

as a desperate measure you can try to isolated the plumbing fixture's layer.....and delete this layer !!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
we can select them, but they won't unlock. so we are reinstalling MEP on that machine and hopefully this remedies the situation...
Learn and get certified!