Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ac 15 and revit 2011

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all I really like archicad but every time see some Image of revit 2011 ask my self if that time to move to revit I hope that not come ever .but ac 14 shock me I hope AC 15 have free model ,spilt face ,good sun study ,good stair maker,new interface,pattern ,sweep,smooth roof , and more.
every time I hear some move to revit and never hear some one move form revit to AC I hope hear that
thank you.

curtsysbyface.png
91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous
Not applicable
some of that Image
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are feeling your pain!

Here is to ArchiCad 15.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, for what it's worth, Revit 2010 was also a disaster. It only had the new freeform modeling tool, a new UI which everyone hates and some upgrades in the API. That's it. So Revit 2010 could be compared to Archicad 14 as far lack of new features.

The competition however isn't Revit, but Rhino or even Solidworks in the future. Those software Graphisoft needs to keep a close eye on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So - You are a free person now !
Succes with Autodesk .
I will support Graphisoft because i like Archicad and i hope the future versions will have superior modelling abilities.
With Cigraph , Cadimage , VBE seems to be OK.
Only thing that dissapoint is the amateur level of EcoDesigner addon .
The big approximation without thermal bridges taked into account.
Here MUST be integrated a good solar study with a good mesure of solar energy gain .
The BIM concept must integrate a flexible formulas database specific to many country different regulations (like archicad calculation schedules)

Good luck Graphisoft !
Anonymous
Not applicable
So - You are a free person now !
Succes with Autodesk .
I will support Graphisoft because i like Archicad and i hope the future versions will have superior modelling abilities.
With Cigraph , Cadimage , VBE seems to be OK.
Only thing that dissapoint is the amateur level of EcoDesigner addon .
The big approximation without thermal bridges taked into account.
Here MUST be integrated a good solar study with a good mesure of solar energy gain .
The BIM concept must integrate a flexible formulas database specific to many country different regulations (like archicad calculation schedules)

Good luck Graphisoft !
I don't like autodesk but I need best tool for my project >>>
revit is not best tool but If AC 15 has no"superior modelling abilities"
I must try refit..
of course I said that becuse I like AC and GS ..thank
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you - for me the best tool is still Archicad .
Im shure they will do ,sooner or later, better modelling tools.
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
every time I hear some move to revit and never hear some one move form revit to AC I hope hear that
Funny, I hear a lot of people moving from AutoCad to Revit, and some from Revit then to ArchiCAD, but very rarely from ArchiCAD to Revit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Krippahl wrote:
nourqueen85 wrote:
Funny, I hear a lot of people moving from AutoCad to Revit, and some from Revit then to ArchiCAD, but very rarely from ArchiCAD to Revit.
I have seen some firms move from ArchiCAD to Revit but this has been through a management decision (the decision makers being non-CAD/BIM users) or by attrition (ArchiCAD users leave and Revit users are hired).

I'm not sure of any cases of a skilled ArchiCAD user making the switch voluntarily and/or preferring Revit, though To Waltz may be an exception (Tom are you still here?). He was a very advanced ArchiCAD user (check his post count here on the forum) and I think he may have switched altogether to Revit.

By in large it seems that anyone who masters one is reluctant to switch to the other.

I have used both quite intensively and still find ArchiCAD substantially better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I have used both quite intensively and still find ArchiCAD substantially better.
I would love to hear an unbiased assessment of Revit vs ArchiCAD from you.
And I mean a real one, not one of those "both softwares have their strengths and weaknesses" politically correct one.

I realize that eventually bad mouthing Revit could compromise you, so it is understandable that you would not like to put yourself in that position, but as an ArchiCAD user in an ever-growing Revit world I would find it invaluable to have access to a real comparison, not the same old junk thrown at us by software manufacturers and resellers.