Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3d objects visibility in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

Does anyone maybe know what I should do to have objects made in Archiforma displayed in sections correctly ?
To be more precise: I made a column using 'revolve' tool and in sections only vertical edges of it are displayed, rest of them are not visible.
Is there any way of changing it?

thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

To show You what the problem is, I attach some images.
3d window print screen, and elevation where the drawn column have only horizontal edges visible (earlier I wrote 'vertical', sorry, my mistake).

anyone any idea?
Anonymous
Not applicable
and this is the elevation:
kolumna.jpg
Erich
Contributor
Not having Archiforma, I have no idea what the code is for the object. My understanding (poorly informed at best) is that this is now just a GDL object. If that is true, post it, and perhaps we can help. My guess is that a status code is set wrong.

If it is not a GDL object, then I have no idea how to fix your problem.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Erich,

Thanks for reply.
I'm attaching the column gdl file. If You can, try it in Your scene, set the elevation in front of it, and You will (probably) see that the vertical edges are missing.

I used to create it the 'revolve' tool in archiforma - i made a fill, and rotated it along z axis by 180`.
By the way, is there any way to do it without archiforma tool ?

thanks
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thanks for highlighting this trouble: it's a bug!
Tomorrow i will fix the trouble and upload here the corrected object.
Before Christmas we will upload a new maintenance update of ArchiForma that will take care of this issue.

Thanks again!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow,

thanks a lot.
I'm waiting impatiently 😉
Erich
Contributor
It looks like Fabrizio is on it which is good, since I cannot open you .rar file.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange Erich,

I opened this file on two computers, and all worked.
Anyway, take a look now, I put the new zip file.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
And here I am.

Really strange, that bug (BTW a very silly bug!) is there till the first version of ArchiForma.
Anyway the bug occurs just if you use a fill to define the revolve profile... that means most of our users don't use the Revolve tool or they use it by defining the profiles with a polyline.

Anyway, just substitute the original AForma_REVOLVE.gsm object in your ArchiForma library with the new object I'm attaching this post and everything will start to work as it should.

Thank you again for your help
Friendly
Fabrizio

P.S. of course the objects saved ad you did should work only if they have been saved as GDL and not binary. They will call the main macro that now is correct so they also will be correct.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy