BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AC11 export layouts with PDFs to DWG - Unclear TIFF image

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

In AC11, I have some PDF images laid out in my layouts, and exported these layouts to AutoCAD (.dwg) format.

In the translator setup, there is an option to retain the original image format during the export, which I have checked in my translator file.

However, it seems that AC11 did not retain the PDF format of these images while converting the layouts to .dwg. Instead, AC11 converted the PDFs to TIFF images.

Now here's the real problem. The TIFF images that AC11 generated from the original PDF images turned out to be terribly pixelated. It looks really bad. I tried a variety of alternative formats to force these PDF images to be converted to (eg. bitmap, jpg etc) but they all turned out equally bad.

Is there a way to control the resolution of the converted images?
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you brought the pdf in from a module, when you save to dwg would that turn the pdf into an xref per the translator and solve the problem?
Not a great solution if you have a lot of pdfs
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does AutoCAD support PDF? I don't see any option for it in 2008. If it's new in 2009 then I assume AC doesn't support it yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Does AutoCAD support PDF? I don't see any option for it in 2008. If it's new in 2009 then I assume AC doesn't support it yet.
I have a copy of AutoCAD Light 2008, and I can insert PDF images into paperspace (layouts).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
If you brought the pdf in from a module, when you save to dwg would that turn the pdf into an xref per the translator and solve the problem?
Not a great solution if you have a lot of pdfs
That sounds like a do-able solution. Thanks!
Djordje
Ace
AFAIK PDFs are converted to TIFF
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
yes but in AC12 at least they are full resolution (300 dpi). I think this is a 10 issue.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Djordje wrote:
yes but in AC12 at least they are full resolution (300 dpi). I think this is a 10 issue.
Actually in AC11 (which is what I used), the problem occurred.
Learn and get certified!