Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 - Export DXF/DWG settings "as it is" with Fills in foreground "hiding" below objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to all members of the community.
I stumbled across a tricky, at least for me, issue.
Context: architectural drawings; exporting.
I have a layout set consisting in about a dozen+ pages, with pretty complicated drawings.
Usually, I tend to rely on Fills to hide contents underneath (i.e., a portion of the building that is not interested by my works but it's still had been drawn down for completion, and using a Fill put at the top of the order visualizazion, with a note that goes like "not affected by changes" or the like, I'm able to have a complete drawing of the building but still hiding the portion which I'm not interested in).
Putting in layout set, exporting PDF (with no layers) ends up in a cool simple drawing.

That's not the case when exporting DWG. Since underneath the hidding fill there's still contents (lines, fills, furniture, text and so on), and using the DWG translator "as it is", I do get all the vectors exported, but what I dont want AC to export is exactly what is hided by the "covering fill".

How do I get a "real" as it is translation DWG? Thanks you all
Sorry if the phrasing is a bit difficult to understand, by English is not my mothertoungue
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Hiding elements with a fill in Archicad is fine, but they are still there which is why they are exporting in your DWG.
I would put them in a layer that you can turn off to hide them.
Then so long as you are only exporting visible layers, you should be fine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Berry, but I sense that my explanation was a bit off, because what you say in your answer is not what I want to get.

I would like AC to export the covering fills but not what lies underneath them. Is the layer method the only way to do that, by puttin the "unwanted" content in a hidden layer? If so, having a fill that cover things would be unnecessary, since I need to spent the time on putting unwanted content in hidden layers.

Thanks for the reply
Barry Kelly
I don't export to DWG very often, and certainly not with fills to hide what is behind.
The fill may mask elements from view, but the elements are still there and will be exported in the DWG.
Why the fill in the DWG does not still mask those elements I don't know - it could be an Autocad setting for masking/cover fills (I don't know).

To me if you don't want to see something, the best thing to do is hide it completely by putting it in a layer that you can turn off.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
davor_r
Newcomer
I think that Spica want to say that dwg translator explodes complex fils (semitrasparent, linear etc) in foreground and background fill, and that is not what they want. They want exact look like in AC, so they must use fills translation.
AC22 • iMac 3,4GHz Intel Core I5 | 16 gb ram • OSX10.14.4