Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ARCHICAD Doors and Windows in Revit

Kikoria
Enthusiast

Hello. Recently I've been trying to start learning Revit and boy now I appreciate ARCHICAD so much. The very first thing I was struggling with was Doors and Windows. We all know the blessed variety of ARCHICAD in this task. You go to the library and you can easily create almost every type of them. See photo for example:

Kikoria_0-1690523517193.png

While in Revit you have to either create them on your own or download them from BIM Object Website. But the thing was I couldn't find any good doors or windows like in ARCHICAD. I'd love to have all these elements added in Revit too. Could someone help me with that? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I used to use revit.  This site will help you.  https://www.revitforum.org/ 

The problem with downloading from window / door companies or bimobject is they are so bloated that it slows down the file tremendously so the only option is to make it from scratch. It took me a while to make all that.  Take a look at Twiceroadsfool door file that you can reverse engineer on how he makes a good set.  The last time I used revit was 2019 so, it might have change since then.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly

@Kikoria wrote:

Hello. Recently I've been trying to start learning Revit .....

I'd love to have all these elements added in Revit too. Could someone help me with that? Thanks in advance!

You really should be asking this on a Revit forum.

This is an Archicad forum for problems that you are having with Archicad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

You're right, but I got confused and couldn't find the right place. Could you please link me the appropriate Revit forum site like this one for ARCHICAD. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER

@Kikoria wrote:

Could you please link me the appropriate Revit forum site like this one for ARCHICAD. Thanks.

I don't use Revit so I have no idea what would be a good forum if there is one.

A bit of Google searching should find you something.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

I used to use revit.  This site will help you.  https://www.revitforum.org/ 

The problem with downloading from window / door companies or bimobject is they are so bloated that it slows down the file tremendously so the only option is to make it from scratch. It took me a while to make all that.  Take a look at Twiceroadsfool door file that you can reverse engineer on how he makes a good set.  The last time I used revit was 2019 so, it might have change since then.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
jl_lt
Ace

I started learning revit.  Hated it.  Then started learning Archicad. Didnt love it too much either because of its perceived quirks as a new user. Then went back to Revit and found out that anything you could do in Archicad could be done in Revit, but in a more convoluted and obscure way.   Then came back to Archicad and havent looked back.

I guess I'll have the same journey. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER

Good to know because every so often when wrestling with something that should be simple I wonder if I chose the wrong software.  Good to hear from someone who has used both that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Archicad 26 / Windows 11

Not only its not greener. Its a God forsaken barren land

(but if you do work in multi million multi disciplinary multi everything projects, then yes, Revit is reluctantly a better choice)