BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AUtoCad Preview / reader?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a free software out there that allows viewing or previewing of autocad files?

I do not need to edit, i just want to spot check my published files before sending them to the engineers or trades and do not want to purchase a full version of autocad to do so.

thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used this one sometimes
http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/
Hope that helps
Karl Ottenstein
Lots of them. Please update your profile ('profile' text link near top of page) to show your platform (Windows/version or Mac OS/version) and AC version.

If Windows, the best bet, I think, is the free Autodesk viewer. Last time I downloaded, it was called DWG TrueView. Might be something different now.

On Mac, the one I've used is called eDrawings.

Both give you layer control, ability to view model/paper space, print, etc.

Google to find them and others...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Looks like the last version of the free Autodesk reviewer I downloaded was called "Autodesk Design Review 2011".... my DWG TrueView is from 2008...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Draftsight is free and it runs in Win, Mac, Linux.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
DWG TrueView is the way to go. (free for download from autodesk site)
Djordje
Ace
Design Review is mostly for DWF handling, redlining and comments, while True View is for DWG viewing, converting, checking and printing. Both are quite hardware hungry ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!