BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Abvent launches trial donwload of Artlantis R

Anonymous
Not applicable
Architect, interior designer, landscaper, need to communicate the project to make choice, to take decision, to convince the client , to show the project in situation and finally to present it to a larger public.
3D rendering and 3D navigation are the most comprehensive way to achieve these goal but all users encounter problems :

- not easy to set different lighting for different viewpoints
- not easy to choose the right shaders with same settings through several projects
- not easy to insert a 3D model in picture, generally need to know a lot 3D vertex coordinates
- internal CAD rendering may have some limits (rendering size, memory problems)
- Navigation in large model in very large model is difficult and of course it's affect the preparation time
- Radiosity is not easy to set
- Preparation of different view on the same project is really time consuming, specially if each view must have different settings

Artlantis R give you solutions with some unique concept and technology :

- One model , different documents : each viewpoint has its own setting (light, sun, background, atmosphere, size, rendering parameters...)
- Postcard ® : a unique innovative technology to share shaders setting in between several projects and team people
- Innovative Interacttive 3D insertion tool permit to insert with a real time feedback a 3D model in Picture - only graphically
- External solution is focused on rendering and can offer a most productive tool and the return on invest is very fast
and you are not obliged to immobilize your favorite CAD workstation for rendering purpose
- A new technology on the top of OpenGL permit to navigate in very large project and manage them
- Radiosity in one click is our slogan... it's a full radiosity engine with not setting for user...
- Artlantis R inherit from the well-know fantastic ease of use of Artlantis 4.5

Plus,

- object management : drag and drop object directly in the preview.
- optional professional shaders : a partnership with Dosch Design
Wood1, Floor Pro, Ground and Construction material collections
- optional plants from VB visual , Abvent have added a unique interactive 4 seasons to these plants
- optional 3D peoples from aXYZ design
- help and tutorial included in the software (HTML + Video)
- A new web site http://www.artlantis.com/ ...with a lot of new things like the video tutorial
- 6 languages available at the end of June (FR, EN, SP, IT, GE, JP)
- use reference file from Artlantis for go and back with the modeler
- new SKP export plug for Sketchup users

.... and much much more.

Artlantis R it is the foundation of new family software, Artlantis Studio (full animation) will be the next big step (2006)
Before ending this long post, i would like to honor all the beta tester who work with us since november 2004, this period was hard but fantastic and they give us motivation to move forward. I dedicate this version to all of them, if you recognize some of these guys in the forum don't hesitate to congratulate them.

You can download evaluation NOW, on http://www.artlantis.com/ ... you need a high speed connection

IT IS TIME to enter in the "R" world

G B
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I encourage people to try the demo. More comments are in a different thread in the rendering forum:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=39320#39320

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Me three.

While the speed is definitely not anywhere near the old Art•Lantis, considering the radiosity, it is lightning fast. Quality wise, no comparison ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:
While the speed is definitely not anywhere near the old Art•Lantis, considering the radiosity, it is lightning fast. Quality wise, no comparison ...
A little clarification ... I assume that Djordje and I are talking about the same thing.

The speed of "R" is faster than 4.5.6 for exactly the same settings (e.g., no radiosity). Apples to apples. An interior scene I have that rendered in 1 min 45 sec in 4.5.6 renders in 1 min 30 sec in "R" (900 x 1200 pixels). This has 9 lights and a heliodon.

With 7 of those lights checked to 'contribute to radiosity', and with radiosity at the 'low' setting, the image renders in 3 min 19 sec. Still pretty fast, but of course turning on radiosity slows it down.

A few other observations. Bringing 4.5.6 file into R, the lighting of the scene is not the same, as the light intensity values seem to have been redefined. (The scene is less bright.) The easiest way to get things looking similar is to turn on 'ambiance' in R - the brightness of which is chosen via a color. For neutral ambiance adjustment (brightness), use a grayscale (right mouse the color swatch).

Comparing the two reminded me of another long time wish from 4.x that has been realized. 4.x always used 100% of the CPU even when idle, making laptops run hot with fans blasting. "R" behaves like a normal program, being idle when idle. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!