Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Adding Information To Zone Interactive Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to add information to the zone interactive schedule and I can highlight the cell but cannot type any information in the cell? Or does one have to add the information directly in the zone tool for each zone individually and if so where is the best place to add remarks?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
25 REPLIES 25
Bill
Contributor
So, this is happening to me with my zones, too.

I have a number of User Defined text categories added, and now they are not editable. I believe they were editable in V17, so why did this change?

The available parameters in the Zone Stamp itself doesn't offer enough custom inputs, which is why I added these. Only now it seems like I can't make use of these Zone Stamps anymore, which I sent much time setting up!
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you read the whole thread? There are multiple answer in the first 20 post of the thread which helped others resolve their problem. Do they help resolve yours or is your problem something new?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Bill
Contributor
Hi Lazlo,

Thanks for responding... I have read through the entire thread, but I don't believe it solves my problem.

I am using Zone_Stamp_1_18. My goal is for Parameters such as Wall Finish/N to be editable from within the Schedule (which is how they were operating in V17) but now I can only edit them from within each individual zone's settings. I am trying to understand why that changed, because it is much less useful... or am I missing a setting.

I understand that additional custom parameters from the zone can be added to the schedule (e.g. User Defined 1, 2, etc.) but there are only 5 available, and I would need many more user defined parameters to complete the schedule as I was using it in V17.

Both parameters - User Defined 1 and Wall Finish/N are listed under Parameters for Listing, but why is one editable in a schedule but the other isn't?

I also know I can add the Custom Text parameter available from the General category instead of the Zone category, but I don't like the fact that information that is added to those parameters can't be found when you open up the individual zone (or, at the least, I can't find where they show up).

What it comes down to is, my schedule was using a zone stamp that provided 12 user-defined custom fields (in addition to the automatic zone name and number fields) that are all editable from within the schedule (3 for listing floor finishes, 4 for walls, 1 for ceiling, 2 for doors, 1 for windows, and 1 for comments). The v17 stamp used to be able to do this and now it seems like I can't get the v18 to behave similarly.

Thanks

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hm, this is strange.
This works for me in both AC17 and AC18.
In either program I add the 4 Wall Finish (N/E/S/W) parameters of the Zone Stamp 01 18.gsm file to the schedule fields.
Then I can edit these fields directly in the schedule.

Now, one thing I can think of is if you are using a Zone Category that has Zone Stamp 02 18.gsm or some other Zone Stamp assigned to it, the above mentioned 4 fields will not work (will not display a value) in the schedule and you will not be able to edit them in the schedule either.
Bill
Contributor
Yep, it's frustrating and much more time-consuming to edit each zone now from within the settings as opposed to within the schedule.

I double checked and those parameters are definitely being added from the zone stamp 1 I am using...
Bill Szustak RA

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this also happen in a brand new file after New & Reset? If it is working fine with a file after New & Reset, then this issue may be file-specific.