BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Adding polines length and areas

Anonymous
Not applicable
On a site I traced over the drawing some polylines to determine the total length of the curbs.
I'm trying to add the length of the numerous polylines I drew to calculate the total curbs length. also Im trying to add several areas of fills on a site to calculate handicapped paint areas.
Im trying to use the calculate menu to add these 2d elements and calculate the total length. Is this possible?
This information is available on the element information palette but I have to enter each length manually on excell....
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think the scheduler will calculate the length of 2D elements (though it does do some things with fills as I recall). The simplest way to get the number is probably to spacebar click (magic wand) some walls to the splines and then calculate the length of the walls.

If you can't get the fills to work for the painted areas you may need use the method above but with slabs for the area calculation.

Of course this all assume that your paved areas are (relatively) flat. Significant slopes could affect the curb lengths.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you.
I Can copy all the lengths given in the information element palette and paste to excell this helps somewhat, but It takes time to format each cell (eliminate letters and feet simbol (')) thanks anyway next time Ill use your suggestion.
Learn and get certified!